So here are the bulleted list of 2008:
- Son completed 1st year Chemical Engineering with flying colors.
- Daughter passed Grade 11 much better than we expected with all the medical problems she had to cope with during the year.
- Via Geekdinners and 27dinners I met some great people.
- Worked on various projects (some good, some bad) and got to travel often around South Africa — Jhb is not a fun place to work.
- Learned a lot about relationships and friendship .. it is not always what it is made out to be. People are not always who they appear to be and can so easily disappoint one when one’s expectations are not inline with theirs.
- Played some golf — Pearl Valley is probably the best Golf Course I have ever played at in South Africa and I have played my fair bit of courses. St Andrews Old Course will always be my favorite.
- Turned 50 but as I am not one for birthdays (hey age is just a number) it came and went with no real fuss.
- My health is great … even the doctor say so after I went for a full medical when I had some hiccups during the year. Learned that one’s health is far more important than work and stressing about things one has no control over.
I am not one that make any resolutions about the future … so I will go into 2009 with no expectations, desires, wishes but only to live each day to the fullest and take things as it comes. Will always try to be there for friends when they need me no matter the circumstances. Only one thing I will try to do more in 2009 and that is to play more golf.
To all of you reading this, may you have a great 2009 and just always be yourself and be what you want to be. Do not let other people dictate how you should live or do things.