I have been quiet over the last week due to being very busy at work and nothing really exciting to share. I am going to start something new this week and hope it adds value and you, my reader, finds it interesting.
I read blogs, news and various tidbits of information via a RSS feedreader. The reader I use is Omea Pro from Jetbrains. I find it one of the best out there and it is Free. I receive on average around 1500 feed items a week and I will share some of those with you on a weekly basis. Here is my first lot.
- For the die hard Linux users out there of which I am one. Turning Off The System (hardware) Beep — http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2007/07/26/turning-off-the-system-hardware-beep-linux-tutorial/
- One of my favorite cartoons is a South African one called Bru & Boegie — this weeks favorite — http://www.bruandboegie.co.za/index.php?date=2007-07-28
- Lifehacker is one of my favorite feeds. I use Mozilla Thunderbird and here is some tweaks for it — http://lifehacker.com/software/email/useful-thunderbird-tweaks-282752.php
- For the sporty types. McLaren guilty but no penalty — this does not make sense at all — how can one be guilty but not get any penalty — http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?from=rss_Motoring&fArticleId=3953263
- Cellphone masts is not a health risk. — http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=41638 and http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/07/26/1224255&from=rss
- And for those that cannot get away from their work and tech gadgets — High-tech beach for the summer — http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/07/25/2245258&from=rss
This is it for the first try. Let me know what you think. I will try to make it as varied as I can and highlight, share things that have tickled my fancy.