Project Management Truths:
- A project is one small step for the project sponsor, one giant leap for the project manager.
- Good project management is not so much knowing what to do and when, as knowing what excuses to give and when.
- If everything is going exactly to plan, something somewhere is going massively wrong.
- Everyone asks for a strong project manager – when they get him they don’t want him.
- Overtime is a figment of the naïve project manager’s imagination.
- Quantitative project management is for predicting cost and schedule overruns well in advance.
- Good project managers know when not to manage a project.
- All project managers face problems on Monday mornings – good project managers are working on next Monday’s problems.
- Metrics are learned men’s excuses.
- For a project manager overruns are as certain as death and taxes.
Technorati Tags: project management